Last updated 08/05/19
Definitions and Interpretation
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer or device (e.g. computer, smartphone or other electronic device) by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 4, below;
means this website, www.bigsleepout.com;
“UK and EU Cookie Law”
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and
means World’s Big Sleep Out Trust with charity number SC049124 and registered address c/o Lindsays, Caledonian Exchange, 19A Canning Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8HE
1. Our Site
- By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for the purposes of visitor analytics. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 4.1 Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
3. Types of Cookies
- The Cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
a. Session Cookies - these allow Our Site to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards;
b. Persistent Cookies - these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across Our Site to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache;
c. Strictly necessary Cookies - these Cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate Our Site and use its features. Without these Cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided;
d. Performance Cookies - these Cookies collect information about how you use Our Site, e.g. which pages you go to most often. These Cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these Cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how Our Site works;
e. Functionality Cookies - these Cookies allow Our Site to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these Cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites;
f. Targeting Cookies - also known as advertising Cookies, these Cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement on Our Site and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
4. What Cookies do we use?
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Type||Strictly Necessary|
|_gid||Domain: bigsleepout.com Duration: 1 Day Google Analytics Cookie. Used to distinguish unique users. https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=en-GB||Performance Cookie||Yes|
|PHPSESSID||Domain: bigsleepout.com Duration: Session Cookie Application Cookie, required for the correct usage of the website||Strictly Necessary Cookie||Yes|
|__cfduid||Domain: bigsleepout.com Duration: 1 Year Required by application, Cloudflare Cookie. Used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170156-What-does-the-Cloudflare-cfduid-cookie-do-||Strictly Necessary Cookie||Yes|
|_ga||Domain: bigsleepout.com Duration: 2 Years Google Analytics Cookie. Used to identify unique users across browsing sessions. https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=en-GB"||Performance Cookie||Yes|
|_gat||Domain: bigsleepout.com Duration: 1 Minute This Cookie does not store any user information; it's just used to limit the number of requests that have to be made to a double-click https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/display-features";2018-08-01T16:06:48.000Z||Performance Cookie||Yes|
- The following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Provider||Purpose||Type|
|JSESSIONID||Domain: nr-data.net Duration: Session Cookie More Information: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/browser/new-relic-browser/page-load-timing-resources/new-relic-cookies-used-browser||NewRelic Cookie. This Cookie is used to collect performance data.||Strictly Necessary Cookie|
|test_cookie||Domain: doubleclick.net Duration: Session Cookie||Used to check if the user's browser supports Cookies.||Targeting Cookie|
|fr||Domain: Facebook.com Duration: 3 Months||Encrypted Facebook Cookie for advertisement purposes.||Targeting Cookie|
|NID||Domain: google.com Duration: 6 Months||Most Google users will have a preferences Cookie called NID in their browsers. A browser sends this Cookie with requests to Googles sites. The NID Cookie contains a unique ID that Google uses to remember your preferences and other information such as your preferred language (e.g. English, how many search results you wish to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20) and whether or not you wish to have Googles SafeSearch filter turned on.||Targeting Cookie|
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Some of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Site and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below in section 4.6.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||First / Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|1P_JAR||Third Party||Domain: google.com Duration: 2 Days||Performance Cookie Google Cookie. These Cookies are used to collect website statistics and track conversion rates.|
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
5. Contacting Us
By Email: [email protected]
For general enquiries please contact Us at [email protected] and if you would like to speak to someone about your personal data and its use, please contact our data protection lead at [email protected]eepout.com.
6. Changes to this Policy
- This policy was published on 08/05/19 and last updated on 08/05/19.